The tournament is open to ALL who enter. All tournament anglers that participate in the FSFA Slam tournament will be at their own risk. All anglers are responsible for meeting Federal & State regulations including size minimums & bag limits. All boats must also comply with all Coastguard requirements and must be equipped with a functional VHF radio. The weather call will be made at the Captains’ meeting based on the NOAA weather and seas forecast of 6:00 PM. There will be No Refunds.
If it is deemed unfishable, Saturday and Sunday a Raffle of the General Entries & Bonus Fish payouts (Not Slam or Largest Fish categories), will be held Saturday 6:00pm at Grills weigh-in stage. The Raffle will be open to all participants that paid a Captains entry fee will be eligible and automatically entered in the raffle.
Captain registrations will receive a Captains bucket at the Captains meeting and must be present at the Captains meeting to receive.
The FSFA Club was Initially founded around Port Canaveral, the 250 families (membership is ‘family’ as we encourage young people to get involved in our sport) live throughout East Central Florida.
Our club’s Objectives:
- Provide an environment and the means to improve our members fishing capabilities / future success, thus improving their sport fishing skills and educating the community.
- Provide and make available to our members expert presentations and sport fishing related seminars.
- Annual Port Canaveral Kids Fishing Clinic.
- Take an active role in the sport fishing community with other similar organizations whose goals are to ensure/safe keep our future fisheries.
- International Game Fish Association (IGFA), Coastal Conservation Association (CCA), Florida Wildlife Conservation Commission (FWCC), Fish Florida.
- Provide support for local area organizations whose activities benefit the aquatic & marine resources we share and/or provide special services for segments of the population.
- Brevard County Schools Foundation, Brevard County Zoo, Scouting and various local organizations introducing youth to fishing.
- Co-sponsor such events with CCA and CFOA and local fishing groups.
- Work with the Canaveral Port Authority, USCG, FWCC, local firms and governments.